Why Hire an Adoption Attorney in Peoria IL?
Brave Law specializes in family law and can help you navigate the process and protect your rights as an adoption attorney in Peoria IL. We can explain the legal requirements to you to simplify the adoption process in Illinois. Plus, our firm can guide you through steps in the process such as preparing required legal documents, a home study, and background checks. In addition, our adoption attorney can help you with the following:
- Legal Representation – We can protect your rights during the adoption process and represent you in required court proceedings.
- Preparation of Legal Documents – Our firm will help you prepare the required documents involved in the process including the petition for adoption, consent forms, and other legal documents.
- Negotiation – We can also protect your interests in negotiations with an adoption agency or birth parents.
- Mediation – Our firm can also help mediate disputes during the process.
Brave Law’s Amanda K. Stanley has served as an advocate for countless adoptions. She has helped numerous families through emotions involved in adoption cases. Contact us to learn more about how we can help with an adoption.
What Does an Adoption Attorney Do?
Some aspects of the process are better handled by using an adoption attorney in Peoria IL. Our firm can help you manage the legal side of adoption. For example, we can familiarize the prospective birth parents with consent paperwork and help you finalize your adoption in court. We help you through the following steps:
- We file the necessary paperwork to secure the finalization of your adoption.
- Our adoption attorney makes sure you meet all the legal standards and requirements.
- We can explain and counsel you on how to navigate all adoption laws.
- Our firm can help you find a private adoption or adoption agency.
- We provide ongoing support and legal counsel.
- In addition, we help you negotiate the conditions and terms of the adoption.
- We can handle legal actions or disputes as they arise.
- Plus, we represent you in all necessary court appearances.
- We also handle other tasks to lawfully facilitate the adoption.
Assistance with the Infant Adoption Process
Many families are interested in assistance with the infant adoption process. Though each adoption is different, they all follow a similar general process. Our firm can help you navigate that process which includes meeting many legal requirements, understanding regulations, and following laws. Here are the important stages involved and steps we can help you take to simplify the process:
- Choosing an adoption professional – We help you understand what kind of adoption professional will work best for your case. In many cases, it helps to work with both an adoption attorney and an adoption agency. Our firm has worked alongside adoption agencies, and we can help you identify a good one.
- Become an active waiting family – This is a required step to make sure your adoptive family profile can be shown to prospective expectant mothers. We can help you complete your adoptive family profile and the necessary home study.
- Receive an adoption opportunity – We can help you through the process until you receive notification that a birth mother has chosen your profile as the right family for their child.
- Preparation for placement – This stage requires a lot of preparation, legal documents, and other requirements when you adopt an infant. Our firm works heavily with families to ensure that everything involved with placement is done in accordance with state laws.
- Placement with your new child
- Finalizing the adoption – We handle all the legal processes required until the judge issues the final decree of the adoption.
Brave Law specializes in all aspects of family law, including matters that require an adoption attorney in Peoria IL. In addition to adoption, we also handle family law matters such as divorce, child custody, estate planning, wills, and trusts. Our firm also can help if you need a criminal defense attorney, a probate lawyer, or a real estate attorney. Contact us online or call 309-685-7900 to schedule a free initial consultation.