Ask Trusted Local Attorneys about Your Estate Planning in Peoria IL
The Brave Law firm practices in all areas of wills, trusts, probate law, and estate planning in Peoria IL. Call us today at 309-685-7900 to take care of your needs for legal services.
Our lawyers understand you have questions when it comes to estate planning. Few of us want to think about what happens to our financial matters in the event of our incapacitation or death. However, our lawyers can help you navigate these difficult personal matters with sound legal advice. Here are a few key questions about estate planning that our lawyers can help you consider:
- Most individuals with children and assets should execute a will. But is your estate large enough to consider talking with a lawyer about estate planning for the future of your family?
- How do state estate taxes specific to central Illinois families affect resources your loved ones will inherit?
- Is it important to you that estate planning can help your children minimize probate and its delays, expenses, and a potential loss of privacy?
- Do you want to incorporate extensive business succession or charitable giving instructions for your estate?
What is Estate Planning?
Estate planning and the process of executing a will can get confusing in how they are alike and how they are different. Many clients often think these legal documents are interchangeable, but they are not. A Brave Law lawyer can make sure your wealth and property go where you want during this process.
A will is an important part of the estate planning process. It lets you detail where you want your property and assets to go after your death. Other family matters, including who will be serving as guardian of your children, also get outlined in a will.
However, you can trust a lawyer from our office to help you resolve other issues not handled by a will. The following list shows important matters you can accomplish with estate planning in Peoria IL:
- An estate plan includes legal documents that take effect while you are alive and some that only take effect when you are dead.
- Living wills are part of an estate plan that can outline who can make important decisions for you if you cannot make those decisions.
- A durable power of attorney can allow an agent to handle your finances.
- Designating a health care power of attorney can allow you to name an agent to make decisions on your health care if you become incapacitated.
- You can include decisions on treatment to prolong your life with an advanced directive.
Let a Brave Law lawyer counsel you on these and other matters concerning estate planning in Peoria. Illinois clients connect with our lawyers on these matters to ensure their wishes are handled well while they are living and after they pass away.
Ask about Powers of Attorney, Estate Tax Plans, and More
Brave Law attorneys can assist you with all areas of law concerning probate, estate tax planning, and powers of attorney. Our practice handles all aspects of estate planning in Peoria IL. However, our law firm can also help in any of the following practice areas:
Contact Our Law Offices
When you have a question about probate, trusts, wills, or estate planning in Peoria IL, you want nearby attorneys who know Illinois law. Brave Law attorneys have received the education, ability, and knowledge about Illinois laws it takes to answer your questions.
Request help from a Brave Law lawyer now by calling 309-685-7900. You can also contact a lawyer online with your question. Our Peoria office in downtown Peoria IL, just off Main Street, at 330 NE Perry Ave., Peoria IL 61603. In addition, we have an office in Woodford County at 120 South Main Street, Eureka IL 61530, and another one located at 156 North Adams Street, Lewistown IL 61542.