Top Reasons Why You Need a Criminal Attorney in Canton IL
One mistake can ruin your life if you get charged with a crime and you do not get the guidance you need from a criminal attorney in Canton IL. If you face prison time, you need easy to understand and direct answers about your legal options. Brave Law specializes in criminal law and can consult with you to determine your best defense strategy. Our experienced trial lawyers can represent you in court and work to get charges dropped or reduced. Give the Brave Law team if you are charged with any of the following crimes:
- Disorderly Conduct
- Domestic Battery
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Larceny Theft
- Speeding Tickets
- Traffic Offenses
You face serious consequences if you are charged with a crime. Do you want to risk your future on representing yourself or leaving your fate to an overworked public defender? Brave Law attorney Jason B. Netzley worked for many years as a prosecutor. He understands how the prosecution will try to earn a conviction in your case. So, he can find weaknesses in the prosecution’s case. Contact us now to discuss your case.
Preparation for Trial
Not taking a criminal charge seriously enough can gravely impact the rest of your life. A conviction could result in a jail sentence and significant financial penalties. However, you can get properly prepared for trial with the help of an experienced criminal attorney in Canton IL. Our legal team can collect evidence, witness testimony, and compelling arguments why your charges should get dismissed or reduced. We can provide you with an aggressive defense to obtain the best possible outcome, whether that is an acquittal, dismissal, or deal for less severe punishment.
Some evidence in the prosecution’s case against you could get dismissed with the help of a criminal attorney in Canton IL. Our legal team contains the experience it takes to evaluate evidence in your case. We can conduct an investigation to see whether law enforcement obtained the evidence illegally. If so, then it should not be admissible in your trial. We can fight to get the evidence against you dismissed. That might make all the difference between a conviction and the charges against you getting dropped.
Spot Weaknesses in the Case Against You
You can identify signs that the prosecution’s case against you is weak with the help of a criminal attorney in Canton IL. Law enforcement mistakes made in the handling of your case can lead to a dismissal or reduction in charges. So, let a Brave Law criminal defense attorney consult with you to see if your case involves the following:
- Lack of Probable Cause – Police cannot make a legal arrest without probable cause that the person they are arresting is guilty of committing a criminal offense. Officers must base an arrest on a reasonable belief from objective review of witness testimony and scene circumstances that the person they are arresting committed or is committing a crime. Without proof of probable cause, the arrest is not legal.
- Mistakes in a Criminal Complaint – Law enforcement must write reports of criminal complaints when making an arrest. The criminal complaint against you can become null and void if any relevant errors or omissions are not corrected in time. Therefore, the prosecution will need to dismiss the case.
- Not Enough Evidence – The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty of the crime for which you are being charged. So, let our experienced criminal attorney tell you whether the case against you lacks enough evidence to gain a conviction.
- Missing Evidence or Witnesses – The prosecution relies on physical evidence and witness testimony to prove you are guilty of the crime for which you were arrested. So, the prosecution may have no choice but to dismiss the case against you if evidence goes missing or witnesses become unavailable to testify.
Contact Our Criminal Attorney in Canton IL
If you are charged with a crime, you can benefit from the trial experience and legal expertise of a Brave Law criminal attorney. Schedule a free consultation now to discuss your case. Also, you can reach our Fulton County office by calling 309-547-3516. Find out more information about our firm and our practice areas on our website.