Find Local Support Through a Peoria Family Attorney
When you’ve exhausted every avenue to try and patch up your relationship with your spouse, but you still can’t see a path forward, it might be time to start considering a divorce. And while we never want to see a family deal with the stress and anxiety of a separation, Brave Law Center, P.C. only wants to do what’s best for you and your family. Thus, you can count on us for support as your Peoria family attorney.
What Are Your Options?
There are several options for divorce, and one might work best depending on your current relationship with your spouse and the years you’ve spent together.
- Summary Divorce
- A summary divorce (also known as a simplified divorce) is an excellent option when a marriage is no longer than five years old. If there are few items to divide between the separating couple, an attorney can help you quickly complete paperwork and legally file for separation. However, summary divorces often don’t require a legal professional’s help due to their ease to complete.
- Contested Divorce
- Opposite of a summary divorce, a contested divorce is a bit more complicated to deal with. Contested divorces are often the result of a couple with a strained relationship and no room for agreement. It’s the job of an attorney to be an impartial party and help negotiate the terms of a separation. We can help determine child custody, division of assets, distribution of debt, etc. Often, contested divorces end up in court if negotiations fall through.
- Uncontested Divorce
- If you and your partner are still on amicable terms with each other, an uncontested divorce can be achieved. Much of the divorce process for an uncontested divorce is the same as a contested one. However, the process goes much faster due to both parties’ agreeable nature and their willingness to compromise. Uncontested divorces usually end in a settlement out of court.
- Mediated Divorce, Collaborative Divorce, No-Fault Divorce and More
- Truthfully, there are numerous options for divorce beyond the “primary” three. Depending on your current relationship, whether you have children, the state of your assets and other factors, our Peoria family attorney can help decide the best divorce suited for your unique situation.
Talk with Our Team
When you’re ready to take the next steps towards ending a relationship and resolving family disputes, you can count on a Peoria family attorney from Brave Law Center, P.C. for assistance. To learn more, call us today at 309-685-7900 and ask about a Request Reservation. Also, we are located at 330 NE Perry Ave, Peoria, IL 61603.