Local Defense Attorneys for Felonies in Peoria County IL
Brave Law attorneys specialize in providing criminal defense for felonies in Peoria County IL. If the police investigate, question, arrest, or charge you with a felony crime, call 309-228-9254 to have our lawyers review your case.
A conviction on felony charges will result in a sentence of a year or more behind bars. However, convicted felons face even more issues upon release from jail. With a felony on your record, you will lose eligibility to work certain jobs, face difficulty in renting a place to live, and will not qualify for government assistance. Plus, you will lose the ability to own a firearm and to vote in elections while you are waiting sentencing or serving your sentence. Therefore, it is in your best interest to contact the respected defense attorneys at Brave Law.
Felony cases are complex. You need an attorney experienced in providing aggressive criminal defense in felony cases. Contact us right away as soon as you learn that you are under investigation or face charges for felonies in Peoria County IL.
Classes of Felonies in Peoria County IL
If you need defense for felonies in Peoria County IL, it is important to understand the different classes of felonies and penalties for each class. That way, you can better understand the consequences of a conviction in your case. In Illinois, felony classes are as follows:
- Class X – This is the most serious class of felonies in Peoria County IL. These types of charges usually occur in violent or sexual crimes. Penalties include a jail sentence of 6 to 30 years.
- Class 1 – In this felony class, you face potential penalties of 4 to 15 years in jail and up to $25,000 in fines.
- Class 2 – Jail sentences for this class range from 3 to 7 years. In addition, you may face up to $25,000 in fines.
- Class 3 – Consequences for this felony class include 2 to 5 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines.
- Class 4 – This is the lightest felony charge. However, consequences for this class include 1 to 3 years in jail and up to $25,000 in fines.
What We Do for Felony Cases
Brave Law criminal defense attorneys perform several duties while providing counsel on felonies in Peoria County IL. If you need defense for a felony, you can expect us to do the following:
- Provide an explanation of your legal rights to you
- Appear with you in court during your arraignment, pre-trial hearings, and at trial
- Collect and examine evidence
- Interview witnesses to build a defense for you during your trial
- If you request it, we can negotiate with the prosecution to for a plea bargain for lesser charges and punishment in the case
- We can give you the best options during the process
- Provide an explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of each option
- Help you decide which options to pursue in your case
Discuss Your Case with Us
Before you speak with anyone else, make your first call to Brave Law if you face charges for felonies in Peoria County IL. Call 309-228-9254 to start building your defense with us. If you prefer, you can also contact us online to schedule a consultation. Our local law office is located at 330 Northeast Perry Avenue in Peoria IL.