Attorney Near Me for Felonies in Dunlap IL
A Brave Law criminal defense attorney can make the difference between jail time and avoiding a conviction when you face charges for felonies in Dunlap IL. In Illinois, a felony conviction can earn a sentence of one year or more in jail. Plus, you can get assessed fines up to and more than $25,000. All felony offenses come with serious repercussions, but some felonies include harsher penalties. Most felony convictions allow for at least the possibility of probation. However, some crimes are serious enough that a conviction will come with mandatory prison time.
With your fate in the balance, you need a respected trial lawyer with the experience to build a smart defense that protects you. So, you should contact criminal defense attorney Jason B. Netzley from the Brave Law Center. His successful track record in countless criminal cases has earned five-star reviews from clients. Remember, you can incriminate yourself by speaking with law enforcement. Therefore, consult with Brave Law to start building your best criminal defense before speaking to police. Schedule a free consultation today by calling 309-228-9254 or emailing email@example.com.
Understanding Classes of Felonies in Dunlap IL
When it comes to criminal offenses, you face harsher penalties than misdemeanors with felonies in Dunlap IL. Under Illinois law, felony charges fall under the following classes:
- Class X – Violent crimes such as aggravated sexual assault or robbery fall under this class of felonies in Dunlap IL. A conviction will bring a jail sentence of 6 to 30 years.
- Class 1 – Sexual assault crimes come under this class of felony. If convicted, you face a jail sentence of 4 to 15 years and up to $25,000 in fines.
- Class 2 – Arson charges are included in this class. A conviction would bring a jail sentence of 3 to 7 years. Plus, you may get assessed up to $25,000 in fines.
- Class 3 – Retail theft of items valued between $300 to $2,000 fall under this class off felony. A conviction would bring 2 to 5 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines.
- Class 4 – Crimes like aggravated assault, DUI, and stalking are in this least serious class of felonies. A conviction would include a jail sentence of 1 to 3 years and up to $25,000 in fines.
What to Expect with Felony Criminal Defense
Our criminal defense lawyers can work toward the best outcome for your case involving felonies in Dunlap IL. In cases like yours, we handle all the following legal services:
- Explain your rights to you
- Appear with you in court for the arraignment, pre-trial hearings, and the trial
- Work to gather and evaluate evidence
- Gain evidence to help your defense through witness interviews
- Upon request, we can negotiate terms of a plea bargain for reduced charges and desirable alternative punishment with the prosecution
- Advise you about your best options every step of the way
- Explain the pros and cons of each criminal defense strategy to you
- Help you make decisions concerning when to fight charges or negotiate a plea deal
Contact Our Local Criminal Defense Lawyers
You can incriminate yourself with statements you make to law enforcement. Therefore, you should avoid making a statement to police until you consult with Brave Law criminal defense attorneys. We can help build a smart defense for your case involving felonies in Dunlap IL. Take the first step toward your best defense by calling 309-228-9136 to schedule a free consultation. If you prefer, you also can reach us through our online contact form.