Misdemeanors in Fulton County IL
Get an aggressive criminal defense from Brave Law criminal defense attorneys if you face charges for misdemeanors in Fulton County IL. Call 309-228-9254 to start building a successful defense strategy with our law firm.
If you get charged with a misdemeanor, do not take the situation lightly. Convictions on misdemeanor charges will appear on background checks. Consequently, you could lose eligibility for employment opportunities, security clearance access, and federal or state assistance payments with a misdemeanor in your criminal history. In addition, misdemeanor convictions can lead to prison time. Therefore, you should contact the experienced and accomplished criminal defense attorneys at Brave Law as soon as you stand accused of a misdemeanor crime.
Our criminal defense team can explain your rights and accompany you to court. In addition, we will collect and review evidence, and interview witnesses to build your defense. Plus, we will uncover any mistakes made by law enforcement or flaws in the prosecution’s case. Then, we will create a strategy that will help to get the charges dropped or to win the trial. Contact us now to get protection of your rights and experienced legal representation.
Types of Misdemeanors in Fulton County IL
If you do not have experience with the legal system, you may not know about the different types of misdemeanors in Fulton County IL. It is important to know the difference between the misdemeanor classes. As a result, you can find out about the possible punishment you face if you get convicted of a misdemeanor crime. To help you get a better understanding, please continue reading about the following classes of misdemeanors in Illinois.
- Class A Misdemeanor – These misdemeanors result in the most severe penalties. If a prosecutor upgrades to more serious charges, you could face charges for a felony crime. Class A misdemeanor charges carry punishments that can include fines of up to $2,500. In addition, a judge could sentence you to up to a year in prison. Crimes typically included in the Class A misdemeanor class include marijuana possession from 10 grams to 30 grams, driving under the influence, battery, reckless driving, and the illegal possession of a firearm.
- Class B Misdemeanor – This class of misdemeanor can result in a maximum fine of up to $1,500. In addition, a judge could impose a jail sentence of up to 6 months. Crimes in this class include marijuana possession from 2.5 grams to 10 grams, criminal trespass, or telephone harassment usually result in Class B misdemeanor charges.
- Class C Misdemeanor – This class of misdemeanors can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 days in jail. Plus, you may be required to pay a maximum fine of $1,500. Common crimes in this misdemeanor class include reckless or disorderly conduct, assault, or possession of marijuana at or below 2.5 grams.
The Brave Law Difference for Misdemeanors
Do not discount the difference a skilled criminal defense attorney from Brave Law can make in cases concerning misdemeanors in Fulton County IL. Speak with Jason B. Netzley to start building a successful criminal defense strategy for your case. If you enter a not guilty plea, he can represent you during the following options you have for trial:
- Jury Trial – A panel of 6 to 12 jurors will weigh the evidence in your case, render a verdict, and the court will deliver a sentence.
- Bench Trial – The judge will hear the evidence, render a verdict, and impose a sentence.
Our criminal defense lawyers will work to gain an acquittal or dismissal of the charges in your case. However, the wisest course of action in some cases requires the negotiation of a plea deal. We can counsel you on the best strategy for your case.
Schedule a Consultation
Before you talk with the police, discuss the events of your case with Jason B. Netzley of Brave Law. He is an experienced and skilled criminal defense lawyer who can represent you for charges of misdemeanors in Fulton County IL. Request a Request Reservation now by using our online form, calling 309-228-9254, or emailing us at email@example.com. In addition to criminal defense, our law firm specializes in child custody cases, divorce, estate planning, and family law.