Discover What Larceny in Bloomington IL Means for You
Are you being accused of crimes of theft or larceny in Bloomington IL? You’re not alone! Whether shoplifting or something more serious, larceny charges can impact your life. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. With the help of a criminal defense attorney, you can either have charges reduced or dropped entirely. Allow Brave Law Center, P.C. to look at your case and determine the best path forward.
Associated Penalties with Larceny
The severity of larceny charges has much to do with the amount or value of property stolen. From a misdemeanor to a Class X felony, here are how penalties are determined for your case.
- Class A Misdemeanor & Class 4 Felony – If the property stolen is up to $500 in value, you risk less than one year in jail and $2,500 in fines (misdemeanor). However, if the property was stolen was from a school or church, the fine can go up to $25K, and jail time can be anywhere from 1 to 3 years.
- Class 3 Felony – A Class 3 felony encompasses both up to $500 stolen from the owner’s person or $500 to $10K stolen otherwise. Fines for either scenario can reach as high as $25K and risk 2 to 5 years of prison.
- Class 2 Felony – For a Class 2 felony, the same money amounts of a Class 3 felony apply, but if they are stolen from a school or church. Or, if you steal anywhere from $10K to $100K, that also qualifies as a Class 2 felony. Fines reach the same maximum, but jail time increases to 3 to 7 years.
- Class 1 Felony – If anywhere from $100K to $500K in value is stolen, you risk up to $25K in fines and 4 to 15 years in jail. And if that value increases from $500K to $1 mil, the same penalties apply, but with no chance at probation.
- Class X Felony – Finally, anything was stolen of $1 mil or more in value, you can be hit with a Class X felony. A Class X felony is punishable by 6 to 30 years in prison and up to $25K in fines.
Criminal Defense and More
Brave Law Center has plenty of experience representing folks accused of larceny, DUIs, and other misdemeanors and felonies. However, we also cover a wide range of legal practices to best assist you with your potential legal troubles. For example, our services include:
Give Us a Call
Don’t let charges of larceny in Bloomington IL ruin your life. Find a solid and reliable legal defense with Brave Law Center, P.C. You can contact us today at 309-685-7900 for a free consultation. Also, we are located at 330 NE Perry Ave, Peoria, IL 61603.