A Slippery Slope: Find Help with a DUI Attorney in Chillicothe IL
If facing a DUI charge, your life can be flipped upside down. Suddenly, you must deal with fines, criminal charges, license suspension and more. All of these factors can combine to put a hamper on your finances, job security and home life. However, just because you’ve been charged with a DUI doesn’t mean you should let the justice system roll over you. There are actions you can take to reduce your sentence, or potentially exonerate you of wrongdoing. By speaking with a DUI Attorney for Chillicothe IL, you can find a path forward. Give Brave Law Center a call today.
Brave Law Center believes everyone deserves a second chance. Moreover, we believe you have the right to prove your innocence. After you sit down with our team, we will go over your case and discuss the best way forward for your situation. We understand being charged with a DUI can be a scary experience; however,we’re here to guide your way through it. Our attorneys work to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case.
How to Prepare After a DUI
If it is your first time receiving a DUI, you may not know how to handle it. However, a DUI attorney can help. But first, to get you going on the right path, here are a few tips you should keep in mind after a DUI arrest:
- Take the Test
- It’s not unusual to be adamant or unruly if you feel you are being mistreated during a DUI arrest. Although, this doesn’t mean you should give in to your uncooperative feelings. To help make the process go as smoothly as possible, you should go along with what the officer tells you to do. If you feel you are wrongly accused, you have nothing to fear when taking a sobriety test. And worst-case scenario, if you have a high BAC, your cooperation will bolster your case in court.
- Don’t Neglect a DMV Hearing
- After you’ve been processed, posted bail and are talking with your attorney, you must not forget about your DMV hearing. You will only have a limited amount of time after your arrest to request such a hearing, to make sure your license isn’t automatically suspended. And if you forget to proceed with a DMV hearing, your DUI lawyer will keep you on track.
- Let Your Attorney Fight for You
- The worst thing you could do after a DUI hearing is to let the justice system hand down sentencing without making any effort to counter it. Even in scenarios where you were most certainly intoxicated behind the wheel, there’s still hope for a plea deal. Thus, you want an experienced DUI attorney for Chillicothe IL to help with your case. We can help reduce fines and penalties, and in some cases, have charges thrown out.
Find Guidance for Other Criminal Charges
Ensuring you are treated fairly during the process of any criminal charge is of the utmost importance to Brave Law Center. More than DUI arrests, our team of lawyers help to defend you from a variety of other offenses. For example, we handle cases involving:
Contact Our Office
A DUI attorney for Chillicothe IL is your best bet to ensuring your fair treatment throughout your DUI arrest and beyond. Call Brave Law Center today at (309) 685-7900 to request a Request Reservation. Also, our Peoria office is located at 330 NE Perry Ave, Peoria, IL 61603.