Find an Experienced Adoption Attorney in Washington IL
If you need help finalizing an adoption, the Brave Law Center can provide you with an experienced adoption attorney in Washington IL. Adoption involves a long and complicated process with several specific laws and regulations. So, you need an advocate that will represent you, negotiate for your best interests, and resolve disputes through mediation when necessary. Brave Law adoption attorney Amanda K. Stanley has been practicing law since 2015 and was promoted to partner of our firm in 2020. She has helped countless clients navigate the complexities of the adoption process ever since that time. Amanda’s mission statement is to motivate clients and give them the tools it takes to be successful. Contact Brave Law today to a schedule a free consultation with Amanda to get a compassionate advocate who can guide you through the adoption process.
How Does an Adoption Attorney Help Me?
For those new to the adoption process, it can get overwhelming with all the steps, laws, and requirements involved. However, you can get step-by-step instructions on how to handle the process with Brave Law’s adoption attorney in Washington IL. Here is a rundown of all the services our firm can provide for you.
- We file all the required paperwork to secure the adoption finalization.
- Our firm ensures that you meet all the legal requirements and comply with all laws.
- We can explain how relevant adoption laws apply to your case.
- In addition, we can assist you with finding the right private adoption or adoption agency.
- Plus, we provide you with emotional support and legal representation for all court proceedings involved in the case.
- Also, we protect your rights and negotiate in your best interests with adoption agencies and birth parents.
- We can resolve any disputes that arise through mediation.
Get Assistance for Different Forms of Adoption
You may not understand all the available avenues open to you without consulting with an adoption attorney in Washington IL. Brave Law adoption attorney Amanda K. Stanley can review all the options for you. After all, each client brings different circumstances and has unique situations when evaluating how to form their families. Here are some examples of the different forms of adoption available to you.
- Agency Adoption – These kinds of adoptions include a complex process with negotiations and specific requirements and laws. We provide you with the legal assistance you need to navigate the legal complexities.
- Co-Parent Adoption – This kind of adoption is necessary when one parent has legal rights to a child, but the other does not. With the growing prevalence of LGBTQ families, this is becoming a popular option for modern families.
- Foster Care Adoption – Illinois has over 15,000 children handled by the foster care system. If you are looking to give a permanent home to one of these children, we can help.
- Infant Adoption – Our adoption attorney can assist you in negotiations with a birth mother or agency if you are interested in adopting a newborn. We walk you through every step of the process until the judge signs the finalization of the adoption.
- Interstate Adoption – In some circumstances, you can significantly decrease your wait time by adopting a child from a birth mother from another state. We can help you comply with the laws of both states involved and negotiate with the birth mother and an adoption agency.
- Placing a Baby for Adoption – Brave Law also assists prospective mothers with the difficult decision of finding placement with an adoptive family for their newborn.
- Relative Adoption – Some cases involve the death of a child’s parents or a relative in foster care and this kind of adoption can provide the best resolution.
- Stepparent Adoption – Families can form and come together in more than one way. This form of adoption can help a stepparent obtain legal rights to a child.
Adoptions are long and complicated matters that involve emotional ups and downs and lots of legal red tape. If you need help navigating around the obstacles, speak with a Brave Law adoption attorney in Washington IL. In addition to adoption, our firm also specializes in other aspects of family law including child custody, divorce, estate planning, wills, and trusts. To schedule a free consultation, contact us online or give us a call at 309-685-7900.