Be Confident in Your Separation with the Right Divorce Lawyers
Divorce can be an upsetting time for all parties involved. However, it’s essential to keep a clear head and a list of goals to progress the separation along and ensure as simple a transition as possible. For planning of this type, it’s best to get help from the go-to divorce lawyers of Washington IL, Brave Law Center, P.C.
At Brave Law Center, P.C., we help you with all matters involving divorce and family law. Our team of attorneys, led by Jason B. Netzley, has many years of experience behind them. When it comes to planning for your divorce, helping you gather the necessary documents and representing you in court, we have a proven record of success with our previous clients.
Steps to Take Before Divorce
By taking preliminary steps before filing for divorce, you can ensure to reduce the stress of the process and help lessen the amount of time and money it will take to complete.
- Manage Your Finances – If you have a separate income from your spouse, make sure you set up your bank account and begin making any new deposits there.
- Document Debt – Gather all cards and statements you have with your partner and figure out how much total debt you share.
- Collect Documents – Find all the legal documents you have, including:
- Marriage Certificate
- Trust Documents
- Other Documents you may consider necessary
- Discuss Children – If you can discuss the separation of your children with your spouse amicably, its best to work out details ahead of time.
- Make Notes – If civil discourse isn’t possible, keep track of day to day interactions you and your partner have with your children, so to support your case of custody. Document items such as:
- Who goes to extracurricular activities
- The parent bringing the children to appointments
- Who has attended to most school functions or parent-teacher conferences
- Anything to show your involvement in your children’s’ lives
Legal Services for Any Situation
Other than being divorce lawyers for Washington IL, the team at Brave Law Center, P.C. can assist with a variety of different legal matters. Our attorneys specialize in other areas of law and have been successful in trying cases involving:
Contact Our Office
To relieve some of the stress a spousal separation can bring, you can rely on the divorce lawyers of Washington IL, Brave Law Center, P.C. Contact us today at 309-685-7900. Also, our Peoria office is located at 330 NE Perry Ave., Peoria IL 61603.